Thursday, April 23, 2009

Journal #5, A day with out connections. Is it Possible?

After five days recording the media, I use most frequently, I decided that this would be a good journal entry to see if I could go a day without using any technologies or media sources. Lets see if I can do it!

Saturday you could write about the day, whether you really tried not to use the media, what broke you down, did the experiment make you think more abut what you were doing?)

This task for impossible for me. As you can see the entire week which I recorded all my media use, I used many of the tools almost religiously. I literaly tried not to use the media at all that day. I was not really in my dorm room at all saturday afternoon becasue I was participating in a girls football game from 1-5 in the afternoon. I thought that I could do this task becasue people used to be able to not use computures or pick up a cellphone when they wanted too. Know these tools are right at our fingure tips. After I came back from the game, I decided to stay away from the computer and hang out in my friends room. Its hard to stay away from media forms becasue there were surrouding my every move. Whether, I would turn around and there would be a tevlsion next to me, as my friends were watching or someone was listening to and I-POD on their dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment